How do you display the Network Icon in Path finder so you can navigate network shares

shaneparkinson

27 Jun, 2019 02:34 PM

This has to be the most frustrating thing I had to deal with in this program.
how stop work with Networks Shares!

Findefr just displays every things it finds that has a network share, but pathfinder seems to continually have no knowledge of cvilic shares.

I can';t find a preference settings that says "show network shares" so I',m forced into finder to fiancé the machine. then double click to find it's shared directories. Why is this so hard to do in path finder.?

What preferences setting a, I missing that makes int so hare to navigate shared drives using AFP or SMB to connect?Please tell me I'm missing some very obvious setting, which means it's not quite as obvious as your UX engineers thought

Please tell me it's an obvious setting I missed as I'm so over mapping the drive in Finder so it then appears in Path finder something you need to so on every reboot (Yess I have to reboot my macbook constantly as not everyone application's knows how to manage memory or CPU when writing in C++, OK objective C, for the purest but...crashing development programs are a reality developers live with..Its called debugging) and I hate having to reseatbvlish all my shared drives as pathfinder doesn't remember them nor can i work out where the network drive ic on is tom app them directly using path finder.

Currently I can only do this view generic OSX "Finder". Please tell me what I';m missing here in my configuration settings in preferences as surely this is doable in Pathffinder!

if not, guys but functionality gap if ytouy premote yourself as a path finder replacement! Certainly can't support that statement currently on this issue, but I love a stretch goal, but not when it's should as a replacement which can't be replaced!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 28 Jun, 2019 01:41 PM

Hi Shane,

Path Finder does not currently show the disconnected network shares in the sideboard module. It's on our feature requests list though!

Currently, servers you can connect to from Path Finder are displayed in Go -> Recent Servers or go -> Connect to server.

If you would like to leave a detailed feedback and feature request for how you would like to see this implemented, please do! I will be happy to forward your suggestions to our development team!

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 Jun, 2019 01:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac