How to run PathFinder on Catalina [FIXED]

rcprador

27 Jun, 2019 10:19 AM

Downgrade to version 8.2.4
It works like a charm on Catalina Beta 2!!

PS: ONLY FOR DARK MODE: If you are using dark mode you will need to customize 6 colours under:
Show View Options -> Colours to let the path bar and background dark.
Preferences ->Appearance -> Colour (check "Draw Controls for Dark Backgound")

If any module is showing white background after those color changes, goto module property and select "show translucent background" to fix the module colours.

If you are not using dark mode: no need to modify those colors. Just downgrade and enjoy.

Every feature and function of PathFinder 8.2.4 is working perfectly under Catalina (at least the features I already tested on the last 30 minutes since downgrading. And I'm still testing all other features...)

PathFinder v8.2.4 application is VERY stable under Catalina, low memory consumption, no memory leaks yet and Faster than recent versions (faster than 8.3 and above). [Since version 8.3 and above: none works under Catalina)

v 8.2.4 is working very well!

Showing page 3 out of 3. View the first page

1. Support Staff 61 Posted by Dragan on 27 Jul, 2019 01:08 AM

It worked on Mojave, I'll check it out.

2. 62 Posted by dflachbart on 27 Jul, 2019 01:16 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Browser View does not refresh [Catalina]

First of all - thanks team for the update!!

So far I'm running into only one major problem - the view does not refresh for any file operation (file rename, file copy / move etc), I always have to manually hit 'Reload' in the View menu to see the changes...

I actually had the exact same problem when I installed 8.2.4 to temporarily get PathFinder working again under Catalina. I never had that problem before installing the Catalina beta. Any ideas?

Update: never mind, after doing a reboot and updating to the latest public Beta 3 (don't know which one did the trick) that problem is gone.

Thanks!
    Dirk

3. Support Staff 63 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Jul, 2019 10:54 AM

Mark,

Please, try holding Command while adding the "Reveal in PF" toolbar item to Finder.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

4. 64 Posted by Mark Marin on 27 Jul, 2019 02:04 PM

Hi Jordan,

Unfortunately that does not work either.

Mark

5. 65 Posted by Mark Marin on 28 Jul, 2019 01:30 AM

I found a workaround.

I can drag the Open in Pathfinder app to the finder toolbar from a Finder window, I just can’t drag it from Pathfinder.

Mark

6. 66 Posted by fogcitynative on 28 Jul, 2019 02:18 AM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Catalina crash report (Change app)

I found a crash bug/

Do I get Info on an Application
    Go to the drop-down menu bar to change the default application.
    Change it.
    Go to the Change All button.
    Click it. DISPLAY CRASH.
    Impossible to confirm the Change All action by clicking OK.
    The screen is locked up.
    Quitting Path Finder and relaunching the app clears the display freeze.
    And the desire default application has in fact been changed.

7. Support Staff 67 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 28 Jul, 2019 12:34 PM

Hi,

If you see a report "without reply", please don't worry - I will be splitting individual reports in the separate threads to investigate them further. The discussions will be public, feel free to reply in the new threads.

You are welcome to report new issues and continue general discussion here, but please, try to report known issues in the respective threads if possible.

Thank you all for your support and willingness to test :)

P.S. Mark,

Thanks for reporting this, we will investigate.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

8. 68 Posted by Mark Marin on 28 Jul, 2019 02:04 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Reveal in Path Finder does nothing [Catalina]

Hi Dragan,

Dragging the Show in Pathfinder app to the finder toolbar using finder adds it to the Finder toolbar.

But other than bring Pathfinder to the front it dose not do anything. It does not switch Pathfinder to the window or file that Finder is showing.

Mark

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 Jul, 2019 02:10 PM.

10. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 28 Jul, 2019 02:10 PM

11. Support Staff 69 Posted by Dragan on 30 Jul, 2019 12:35 AM

The new Path Finder beta version 8.6b2 (build 1973) is available for download. You can update your current copy to it using the build-in app updater, just hold the alt/option key pressed while checking for updates and follow the standard procedure from then on. Or you can download it directly here.

You can see what's fixed in the release notes during the update. New betas (targeting specifically Catalina issues) are on the way, so make sure to check frequently for updates while holding the alt/option key, as I may not always announce them here.

12. 70 Posted by Mark Marin on 30 Jul, 2019 01:27 AM

Hi Dragan,

Reveal in Path Finder button added to Finder toolbar still only switches to Path Finder without changing to that location. Selecting Reveal in Path Finder works properly. Can only add the button to Finder’s toolbar using Finder, can’t copy it from Path Finder.

Mark

13. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 12 Aug, 2019 02:34 PM.

14. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 12 Aug, 2019 02:40 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac