Exclude Files from Search?

wrishel

22 Apr, 2012 04:24 AM

I use Outlook 11 on my Mac which creates one file for each email message. I get about a gazillion messages per day.

This means that looking for "all my recent files" is not useful unless I create a filter for the file type I am looking for.

I discovered that Finder didn't have a way to say "exclude files with '.olk14Message' in the file name." Talking to friends who are more Mac-wise than I, I downloaded Pathmark 6. So far I haven't been able to find a way to do it in Pathfinder either.

Am I missing something? This seems like an important feature for a lot of people, not just Outlook users.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 23 Apr, 2012 03:10 PM

You can find more about finding files in Path Finder 6 by watching this video: http://youtu.be/WulusTC2cHQ.

But no, what you're looking for is not possible at the moment. It certainly is a good idea to implement in the future.

2. Dragan closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2012 03:10 PM.

3. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 23 Apr, 2012 03:41 PM

4. Dragan closed this discussion on 23 Apr, 2012 03:41 PM.

5. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 03:15 PM

6. Dragan closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 03:20 PM.

7. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 16 Jul, 2014 12:39 PM

8. Dragan closed this discussion on 16 Jul, 2014 12:39 PM.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac