Pathfinder 8.5.X Problems

Rodney Campbell

22 Jun, 2019 06:38 AM

I've used PathFinder for many many years and recently I caved and upgraded from my very stable PathFinder 7.X (can't remember exact version) to PathFinder 8.5.X - I didn't need any of the new features but I'd held off for some time because PF (the version I was running) was running so well for me...

Oh how I wish I hadn't - since upgrading (currently running PF 8.5.4) it has been very unreliable (PF hangs and I'm often forced to force quit and restart it). I find this happens most often straight after a reboot of my machine (currently running 10.14.5) with PF unresponsive for long periods (many many minutes before giving up and force quiting it)

I've had the odd issue with PF in the past (over the past 10+ years) but nothing like now - unfortunately it's gotten so bad now that here I am a first time poster...

1. 1 Posted by Dr.R.L.Symonds on 22 Jun, 2019 08:51 AM

PF 8.5 fails to show as main Finder (though is) and multiple icons keep appearing in dock (MacOs 10.14)

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Jun, 2019 07:05 AM

Hi Rodney, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Path Finder tries to preserve all your preferences during and after upgrades. Across many version during a long time, this can cause it to slow down. May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the article: 
      http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
      (The AppCleaner option is highly recommended) 
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2019 07:05 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac