Followup: Adding Folders to Toolbar. This works for me in High Sierra (Path Finder v8.5.4)

Richard Hoefer

21 Jun, 2019 06:31 AM

(NOTE: Had to open a new thread since this "Tender" Support Thread system auto-closes commenting whenever a Path Finder support person responds to any thread. Seems very inefficient and non-helpful, creating thread fragments all over the place vs consolidated single-thread followups. Original thread link . )

I've attached 4 screenshots below which show my ability to drag a folder to the Toolbar in macOS High Sierra. Note that you do NOT first right-click on toolbar to select "Customize Toolbar". You begin the drag action without any prior right-click actions.

1. Screenshot below shows dual-pane. In left-pane I have selected "Desktop" folder as the item I want to drag to Toolbar.

2. Shows the drag action. I drag the Desktop folder up to the toolbar, a space opens up to the right of my cursor position — you can see it is identified as "Desktop" folder.

3. I drop the folder onto toolbar.

4. I click on that new toolbar folder and you see that it then displays my Desktop folder.

Hope this helps!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Jun, 2019 03:27 PM

Hi Richard,

Please, do feel free to reply to closed discussions. It does not mean they are locked or cannot be replied to.

The forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply.
    Every new reply reopens it, so other users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless of its status. 

As for adding the file/folder to the toolbar, that is exactly how it is supposed to work. Thank you for the graphical representation!

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2019 03:27 PM.

3. Richard Hoefer re-opened this discussion on 23 Jun, 2019 02:33 AM

4. 2 Posted by Richard Hoefer on 23 Jun, 2019 02:33 AM

Jordan please take a look at that original thread:
    https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/141550-adding-fo...

At the bottom it does not have a Reply Window. It only has a link to start a new discussion as opposed to adding a reply. SEE ATTACHMENT

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Jun, 2019 12:59 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reporting this.

We will look into this behavior. Meanwhile, would you like to have the discussion opened so you can post your comment?

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2019 12:59 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac