How to set Path Finder to open all image files in Preview.app by default? Does Path Finder have circle crop, signatures?

Richard Hoefer

21 Jun, 2019 05:32 AM

When I double-click image files within Path Finder's browser, they open in Path Finder's image browser. (Image 1 below)

I finally found the image adjustment tools buried inside Pathfinder UI's absurd nomenclature "info" (vs a more obvious "Edit Tools" or "Image Edit" indicator). But I still cannot find many of my go-to Preview.app tools I use every single day: (See image 2)

Circle/ elliptical cropping Alpha channel / easy background removal
Add circle, square, rounded-corner shapes, plus outline shapes with adjustable pixel width
Arrows, dotted line annotation tools
Signatures: capture & insert

Question 1: Please indicate where I can find each of the above listed functions within Pathfinder's image tool. If they are all available and I am just missing them, I will be very happy to use Path Finder as my default image open application tool, especially since it has 360-degree rotation control whereas Preview does not.

Question 2: If all of those features are not contained within Path Finder's image tool, then please explain how to set a global preference to always open image files double-clicked within Path Finder in Preview.app instead of Path Finder's image tool? I have used the right click menus to "Open with" ... but I have not been able to find the "ALWAYS OPEN WITH" checkbox which is found in Mac's Finder. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Jun, 2019 03:46 PM

Hi Richard,

Path Finder should use the macOS system default (which is Preview app by default) to open the images. Try using View -> Show Markup Toolbar to display the second toolbar.

As to "Always open with", please open Get Info Window, scroll down to "Open With" module, change to Preview.app and select "Change All" to apply the changes.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2019 03:46 PM.

3. Richard Hoefer re-opened this discussion on 23 Jun, 2019 02:17 AM

4. 2 Posted by Richard Hoefer on 23 Jun, 2019 02:17 AM

Hi Jordan, thank you. I must be looking in the wrong place because I so far have not found that View -> Show Markup Toolbar to display the second toolbar menu item. Is it in Path Finder app's VIEW menu, or elsewhere?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Jun, 2019 01:00 PM

Hi Richard,

Could you please give me more details regarding which app is used to open your image files?

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2019 01:00 PM.

7. Richard Hoefer re-opened this discussion on 25 Jun, 2019 09:25 AM

8. 4 Posted by Richard Hoefer on 25 Jun, 2019 09:25 AM

Jordan, I am not clear what you are asking here. I typically use Mac's default OS app called Preview.app . I am using macOS High Sierra.
    Link 1: https://support.apple.com/guide/preview/welcome/mac
    Link 2: https://support.apple.com/guide/preview/prvw11470/10.0/mac/10.13

IMAGES BELOW

Maybe I misread your previous reply when you said: Path Finder should use the macOS system default (which is Preview app by default) to open the images. Try using View -> Show Markup Toolbar to display the second toolbar.

I had thought you meant that PATH FINDER's Image editor replicates the way Preview.app shows its Markup Toolbar. But I think now you were simply telling me where to find Signatures, etc when using Preview.app . I probably wasn't clear: I know how to use all these features on Preview.app . The question I was asking in original post was whether or not Path Finder's image editor offers all of the same edit and markup tools as Preview.app offers? My reason for asking my original question was because IF Path Finder has the signature and annotation features that Preview has, then I would consider having Path Finder open all my images as the default image display & edit app, vs having Preview as the default app when I double click on image files within Path Finder browser. Because Pathfinder has the added benefit of 360-degree freestyle rotation, whereas Preview only has 90-degree rotation capability.

MY ORIGINAL QUESTION FROM ORIGINAL POST:

Question 1: Please indicate where I can find each of the above listed functions within Pathfinder's image tool. If they are all available and I am just missing them, I will be very happy to use Path Finder as my default image open application tool, especially since it has 360-degree rotation control whereas Preview does not.

Thank you.

9. Support Staff 5 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Jun, 2019 04:32 PM

Hi Richard,

Thanks, you may switch to the default preview app if you uncheck "open images with Path Finder" in Path Finder -> Preferences -> General tab.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

10. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Jun, 2019 04:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac