How to bring back sidebar and drop stack?

paulC

18 Jun, 2019 10:13 PM

I tried PF8 when it first came out, did not like the changes too much, and so reverted back to PF7.

Lately I've noticed PF7 is becoming a bit unstable on OSX 10.14.5.
I'm not blaming Cocoatech for this, since PF7 is no longer maintained, but it does mean the option of staying on PF7 is looking less viable.
So now I'm giving PF8 another trial...

Straight out the gate, I have acidentally closed the drop stack in the sidebar, and cannot not find a way to restore it.
In trying to fix this, I've also hidden the entire sidebar altogether (with Shared, Favorites etc), and can't find a way to bring that back either.
How can I bring this back? I;ve only used it for 5 minutes, and basic usability is already feeling kinda painful

Finally I noticed earlier that 'hiding' sections in the sidebar such as 'Recent Documents' doesnt actually hide them, it just collapses them.
Is there any way to actually hide them (once I get the sidebar to reappear that is)?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by paulC on 18 Jun, 2019 10:29 PM

Ok ignore that. I've figured out you need to go to Window -> Modules and drag the sidebar back (then same for Drop Stick).

If there's a way to actually remove sections from the sidebar (rather than just collapsing them), please could you let me know? Thanks

2. paulC closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2019 10:29 PM.

3. paulC re-opened this discussion on 18 Jun, 2019 10:31 PM

4. 2 Posted by paulC on 18 Jun, 2019 10:31 PM

Ignore that too. Just drag the sections out onto desktop and they disappear.

Actually, I'll just close this discussion because Im starting to make a fool of myself :D

5. paulC closed this discussion on 18 Jun, 2019 10:31 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac