Size browser: a few issues

qpanda

15 Jun, 2019 05:07 PM

I'll start by saying I like the size browser—it has all the functionality of Omni Disk Sweeper (my previous preferred tool for finding big files) but is about a kazillion times faster.

But there are a few things that bother me about it that either I'm missing an option somewhere, or something needs to be tweaked.

• The window-switching on delete is annoying. A previous thread suggested that selecting the option to not see the undo warning might resolve this, but a pop-up warning like that shouldn't change window focus in the first place. The size browser behaves like a regular window, not a subsidiary window, and as such shouldn't be defocused just because a warning overlay has been triggered.

• The size browser window is not retained between launches. If you install an update or reboot your system, and had the size browser open before quitting, it does not reappear upon relaunch. You must open it again and let it rescan. Granted, the rescan is pretty fast, but it's still an annoyance in an era when window persistence has become the norm.

• The size browser does not appear to have any support for view options. If you open View Options while the size browser is the active window, it brings up global options only. And the size browser doesn't follow those options at all. Most significantly, it displays in a super tiny font (9 or 10 pt) despite my settings specifying a minimum of 12 pt. There does not seem to be any way to enlarge the type in this window, which makes it really difficult to use.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Jun, 2019 02:16 PM

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the suggestion!

I have forwarded your message to our developers as a feature request for consideration so that it could be implemented in one of our future cycles.

We appreciate your continued support of Path Finder!
    Make sure to let us know should any further questions/ideas arise. 

Best regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Jun, 2019 02:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac