dropbox smart sync and onedrive integrations

anprieto

15 Jun, 2019 12:49 PM

PF does not support dropbox smart sync or one drive integrations. Now that smart sync is free for standard dropbox users, and that onedrive is used widespread this has become a serious issue.

I've seen lots of discussions on this since years ago and the answer from cocoatech is always ... we need to see APIs, it will take time.

This, together with the fact that their support is non-existant, means that this company is dead. RIP.

It has come the time to re-accustom ourselves to use Finder. A pity, but it may be good after all.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 16 Jun, 2019 01:44 PM

Hi,

Thank you for messaging us.

Path Finder is still actively developed and worked upon. For example, in the last few updates, we've introduced many performances and stability improvements as well as fixes to the existing features.

Could you please share more details on the areas in which you found the support lacking? We will be happy to look into these issues and improve!

Regarding your question about Dropbox and OneDrive support:

Yes, this was mentioned a lot but this is what we are working with. We asked Dropbox guys for support (not only for multiple Dropbox account issue, but for Dropbox integration in general) many times, but they apparently decided to ignore us. We're sorry we can't do more about this issue at the moment. Even what we have now is partially based on reverse engineering of Dropbox.app configuration files.

As for OneDrive, it was requested a lot and we are looking into the possibility of adding it. This would again rely on the good API support for the features that are present in the stand-alone app.

In general, we are also looking into a good way to improve cloud support overall, which would help with both new and existing integration, but that is not an easy task.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 16 Jun, 2019 01:44 PM.

3. anprieto re-opened this discussion on 16 Jun, 2019 06:23 PM

4. 2 Posted by anprieto on 16 Jun, 2019 06:23 PM

"Could you please share more details on the areas in which you found the support lacking? We will be happy to look into these issues and improve!" --> Here's an example of the spotty support: June 2: I submit a request with a simple problem
    June 6: you answer with a question: Do I have dropbox installed??? Of course I have, that's why I'm having the problem.
    June 6: I answer immediately
    June 8: you ask another question: What's your PF version? (2 days later, could you have not asked this in the first email??)
    June 8: I answer immediately.
    --> You never answered.

Look, I know it's tough, but the reality is that PF is not making a difference anymore.
    To apply dropbox /one drive integration you need their help and they don't answer you??? After Years of asking??? Come on. Everybody has a dropbox/one drive integration.
    I have been testing and Finder can now do 99% of my needs. As much as I love PF, I'm about to go back.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 17 Jun, 2019 09:02 AM

Hi Antonio,

I'm sorry about that, let me double-check that case now and follow up with you!

As for the integrations, we would need relatively basic API support in order to add them. Note that it would still require our developers to investigate the API, integrate the support for basic features, and then thoroughly test it to ensure it works well and does not interfere with the native app and integration.
    However, in order to match the features that the native app and integration offer (e.g. SmartSync in Dropbox), there must be much better API support (which is simply not there for Dropbox).

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 17 Jun, 2019 09:02 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac