2 Bugs of keyboard commands not recognizing & sorting

jesselperry

22 Apr, 2012 12:33 AM

Hi,

Couple of bugs I've run into:

1. Sometimes, randomly, but has happened on 2 of my Macs since Path Finder, keyboard keys will stop being recognized, like arrow keys up/down. It just does the alert sound and doesn't do anything. This happens when I switch away from Path Finder & come back. I can't figure out how/why it fixes itself, but usually does after closing a window & re-opening
  2. I switch often between sorting by name & Date Modified. So I gave those keyboard commands to quickly switch between the two. I like Date Modified to sort by descending, so the newest is on top. I like name to sort by ascending, so A-Z goes from top to bottom. Just like the Finder, Path Finder remembers this setting when I click between the two columns. However, when I use the keyboard shortcuts to go between the two, it stays either sort descending or ascending for both (whatever it was set on before I hit the key command to go to the other). Does that make sense? The behavior should be the same when I use the keyboard shortcut as when I click the column header - but it's not.

Thank you,
Jesse

1. 1 Posted by attyinfo on 02 May, 2012 02:54 AM

It sounds like the problem of "Focus" that started with OSX 10.7 Lion.

2. 2 Posted by jesselperry on 02 May, 2012 03:13 AM

Hi,

I'm guessing you're referring to my first question?

Well since posting that, I can confirm it isn't a problem related to the Lion "focus" bug (which I am very familiar with, unfortunately). It has only happened since starting using Path Finder. And it instantly goes away when I open/close a new Path Finder window. It happens system wide.

3. 3 Posted by attyinfo on 02 May, 2012 03:34 AM

I was responding to the second issue... Sorry that I could not be of any help...

May I suggest Tech Tool pro 6: it has often resolved wierd problems ( like yours?) for me.

4. 4 Posted by jesselperry on 13 May, 2012 12:52 AM

I don't believe this has anything to do with TechTool that it might solve. This is just how Path Finder behaves (differently from Finder, as I explained). Am I getting different behavior than what is intended?

5. 5 Posted by Brennan on 04 Jul, 2012 01:06 AM

Sorry for the extremely late reply. That is indeed strange behavior. I'll add it to the bugs list.

6. Brennan closed this discussion on 04 Jul, 2012 01:06 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac