Aliases in sidebar

David Mosedale

13 Jun, 2019 03:29 PM

I thought I would give PF 8.5 a go, upgrading from PF7. I have posted before about how much I hate the fact that none of the modules enable you to drop files and folders on like the old shelves for a quick-access to often-used data. But decided to try PF8.5, but putting files and folders in the sidebar instead.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work the same way as PF7 either. Before I could take an often-used folder, make an alias so that I could rename it for the sidebar and drop the alias on the sidebar. That doesn't work any more. You have to drop the ACTUAL folder on the sidebar, and then if you rename it in the sidebar it renames the actual folder.

Am I missing something, or is this another simple behaviour that just doesn't work as well in PF8 as it used to do in PF7?? Or am I forced to downgrade back to PF7 (again...)

David

1. 1 Posted by David Mosedale on 13 Jun, 2019 04:25 PM

I've just found the long discussion here:

https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/100521-sidebar-implentation-is-a-mess-in-pf8

so it looks like I am not alone in still not liking PF8.

So, don't bother replying to this message. Despite the loads of messages on this nothing appears to be happening (or if it is, you are not telling us the users), so back to PF7 I go again...

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Jun, 2019 01:06 PM

Hi David,

Thank you for your feedback.

I'm sorry to hear you are disappointed by the implementation of the Sidebar in Path Finder. However, we are still working on it and it is sure to receive more features as we work on future releases. I've forwarded your comments as a feature requests to our developers.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Jun, 2019 01:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac