Pathfinder 8 disaster continues with 8.5 release

hs

30 May, 2019 07:17 PM

For anybody having issues with PF 8 similar to mine, which include an inability to use/populate the sidebar and titlebar with quick-access links, I just tried the new v.8.5 and found it did not fix the major problems that, for me, render PF virtually unusable. PF 8.5 is, for me, still unusable.

See here for historical details of context: https://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/127149-pathfinde...

1. 1 Posted by hs on 30 May, 2019 07:20 PM

In case it's not clear, I am still reverted to PF7.6.2, with OS 10.14.5 Mojave, which makes Pathfinder almost usable, though I am still unable to move shortcuts into and out of the titlebar.

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 30 May, 2019 09:35 PM

Hi hs,

I'm sorry this update does not include fixes for the issues you've reported. Path Finder 8.5 addresses some other important issues as well as improving the transfer and compression performance.

However, we are still investigating issues you've outlined and will be working on their solution.

To keep you updated, there is a known workaround reported for the Toolbar issue on macOS Mojave: Can't drop items on toolbar in Mojave #22

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 30 May, 2019 09:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac