Adding folders to toolbar

Rich B

28 May, 2019 06:39 PM

Hi there - long time away from Path Finder, but just installed PF8 and wondering about something. I like to drag folders to my toolbar for quick access while working on a specific project. This is simple in Finder, just command-drag the folder/doc to the toolbar. Seems to me I used to be able to do this in Path Finder, but it's not working now - how do I do this?

thanks!
rich

Mac OSX Sierra

1. 1 Posted by damian.kennedy on 28 May, 2019 07:54 PM

I asked about this too. Here's their reply:
    As far as we can tell since macOS Mojave, Apple changed the behavior of the standard macOS UI component (NSToolbar) we use for toolbar in Path Finder.
    There were no changes in Path Finder 7 or 8 regarding the toolbar behavior, but following this change in macOS components, "Accept dropped items" in Path Finder 7 and Path Finder 8 no longer works on macOS Mojave. Note that macOS High Sierra and earlier versions are not affected.
    Our developers are looking on a workaround that will bring back this functionality.

2. 2 Posted by Rich B on 28 May, 2019 08:38 PM

Thanks Damian - I wonder what I'm doing wrong, because I'm on Sierra and can't seem to find a way (and Accept Dropped Items is on).

3. 3 Posted by damian.kennedy on 29 May, 2019 01:09 AM

I'll be honest with you, man, I THOUGHT it stopped working for me too, around that time, but their official explanation made me rethink it. But now, I'm on your side. I think it's been broken earlier than Mojave.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 29 May, 2019 08:38 AM

Hi Rich,

Could you please let us know the exact versions of macOS Sierra and Path Finder 8 you are running?

If you had Path Finder installed previously, on which version did it last work for you?

Looking forward to your reply!

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 29 May, 2019 08:38 AM.

6. Rich B re-opened this discussion on 29 May, 2019 06:20 PM

7. 5 Posted by Rich B on 29 May, 2019 06:20 PM

Sierra 10.12.6. Path Finder 8.5.1

No idea if/when this worked really, but seems like it should.

8. Support Staff 6 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 20 Jun, 2019 01:37 PM

Hi Rich,

Thanks for reporting this.

It might be that the most recent updates to macOS Sierra and High Sierra brought this change in toolbar component to earlier OSs. I've verified on a few test machines with High Sierra it works as expected, but they are not fully patched. We are still investigating this issue and the possible solutions.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 20 Jun, 2019 01:37 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac