editing favourites with URL

bop

28 May, 2019 07:56 AM

Hi, i need to update existing favourite containing URL pointing to NAS on local network. The file in \Library\Favorites is a text file containing the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>smb://[email blocked].44/bop</string>
</dict>
</plist>
with Type: ilge and Creator: drag

I changed the IP to 192.168.2.44 so it now looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>URL</key>
    <string>smb://[email blocked].44/bop</string>
</dict>
</plist>

However Path Finder keeps connecting to original URL smb://[email blocked].44/bop. In file info it also shows the original URL (picture also attached):
fav

Native Finder connects to the proper updated URL so it seems it might be an issue of Path Finder (using version 8.5.1.1964) not updating the key: URL from the code.
I am not able to create the same favourite file from scratch with the above code with updated IP - if I do it misses the URL information in file info:
fav

1. 1 Posted by webregnet on 28 May, 2019 09:37 AM

You've got this file type from PF7, but you can't anymore with PF8.
    With the 'Go' menu Favorites/Add to favorites.

Unfortunately this is another very useful feature for NAS user that past away with PF8 :-(

2. 2 Posted by bop on 28 May, 2019 08:00 PM

Yes, it was taken from PF7. Interesting part is that those favourites work well in PF8 just cannot be modified. I ended up installing PF7, creating new favourites and they are now working in PF8.

3. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 02 Jun, 2019 09:06 AM.

4. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 02 Jun, 2019 09:07 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• fav.png 240 KB
  • fav1.png 120 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac