A Review of the Longstanding PF Memory Issues PF7, 8 and 8.5......

coolcoopers

26 May, 2019 10:10 AM

The problems many have reported here since PF7 about PF Memory and sometimes core service problems continue into PF8.5

The purpose of this post, on behalf of those with powerful Macs who have abandoned PF again and again is to request this:-

"Please make a formal statement for the future about this issue, for example in a blog post"

As supporting evidence for this requestt - undertaken as another user - I have reviewed all the posts in this forum that report this issue. I am not publishing my findings here because, it would not be constructive to do so.

But, to summarise - and this will be familiar to many:-

The response by the PF Team has almost always been to placate the forum poster with advice that doesnt work for most of us, then PF distracts the forum poster with a statement that implies that it's PF not users that decide what's important and then generally concludes with the post being closed.

Here, more formally, are the steps used:-

1. Advise switching off colourise and the calculation of all file sizes

2. State that the forum post has been reported to the developers and a statement that it is the developers' responsibility to prioritise fixing problems

3. Close the thread.

To repeat, please make a formal statement for the future about this issue, for example in a blog post.

Thank you.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 May, 2019 12:39 PM

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out!

We are aware of this issue. It was reported a number of times. However, unfortunately, we were not able to reproduce this issue which heavily limits our testing ability. Even for the same user, it could be present on one mac and completely absent on another.

I will make sure to forward your sentiment and request for a blog post.

As for the closed discussions, the forum is integrated with our CRM system and it automatically closes tickets after each reply. 
    Every new reply reopens it, so other users should be able to comment and subscribe to your thread regardless of its status. 

This does not mean the issue is ignored and resolved. We do keep track of the conversations and reported issues.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 May, 2019 12:39 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac