Browsers & Tabs....??

Daron B

18 May, 2019 06:40 PM

Hi guys I'm a newbie Mac Mini owner and a new PF8 user. I am however an IT Manager so pretty techno-wise.

I've moved from a PC and on that Platform I used Directory Opus as a replacement file manager and I'm looking to use PF8 on the Mac to fill that need.

So what I'm trying to do is set a 'default' Browser so that when I hit a trigger (I'm using F19) a dual browser will open with the side bar I've configured and tabs I want to be used in both the LH and RH browser windows.

So far if I open a defined browser with the F19 it opens the last browser I had open and tabs again are what I last had loaded.

So is it possible to load a browser with the tabs I want to be open in each LH & RH window? If not what is the quickest work flow to achieve that function?

P.S. It'd also be cool that if one double clicked on the PF8 virtual desktop the option would be there to launch a browser.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 20 May, 2019 04:54 PM

Hi Daron,

Have you tried using the Save Browser (File -> Saved Browsers -> Save) feature to preserve your desired tabs configuration?

Then you should also be able to assign a shortcut to that saved browser from Path Finder -> Preferences -> Features -> Keyboard [ File -> Saved Browsers -> preset name].

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 20 May, 2019 04:54 PM.

3. Daron B re-opened this discussion on 20 May, 2019 06:17 PM

4. 2 Posted by Daron B on 20 May, 2019 06:17 PM

I don't see that option. I have 'File -> New Browser -> Save Browser' which is where I saved the browser I was looking to use as the one to action.

I have assigned a shortcut to that saved browser from Path Finder -> Preferences -> Features -> Keyboard [ File -> Saved Browsers -> preset name]. The problem is if I work with that browser and change the paths then close the browser then sometimes the original browser I saved is not recalled.

I will however do some more tests to see if I can repeat the process as it does now seem to be working.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 May, 2019 02:07 PM

Hi Daron,

Sure. 

Please, let us know how it goes and do write us back should any issues appear.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 May, 2019 02:07 PM.

7. Daron B re-opened this discussion on 22 May, 2019 02:50 PM

8. 4 Posted by Daron B on 22 May, 2019 02:50 PM

Not a problem, it's still working perfectly so far!

9. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 May, 2019 02:54 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac