Open new browser - no way to restore opening in a NEW WINDOW??!

Tabbingwindows

22 Apr, 2019 07:36 PM

So, I spend about 4-5 hours yesterday, trying to restore that whenever I open a "new browser" (CMD+N) - it should open a new, well, a new browser. In a new window. Just as I've had it since I started using Pathfinder. I recall upgrading to v7 from v6 - that suddenly a new browser stopped opening a new window, and instead became a TAB. But I can't for my life recall how I fixed it. And yesterday, I just opened one of my saved browsers, and BOOM - no way to return.

I've tried everything. Sandboxing, full permissions, completely wiping PF (even with Appcleaner suggested by PF devs in here, and starting all over, checking and uncheckning Finders "open tabs in new window, cleaning NVRAM, checking permissions with first aid - checked and unchecked every setting within PF - nope. Still opening in TABS. Which means that if I actually do want a new tab (CMD+T) - I end up with tabs within tabs. What a mess.

So. I give up. I have a 4 week old backup from my whole system. Really reluctant to restore everything - just to get it back.

Isn't there any other way?

I'm still in a PF v7. Don't want to upgrade to v8. Judging by users comment - resource hogging etc is still an issue, so I will stick with v7 for now.

Help?

1. 1 Posted by Tabbingwindows on 22 Apr, 2019 07:52 PM

That was "funny".... If I hold down "OPT" and then click the "New Browser" from the File menu... it opens in a NEW WINDOW!

But that doesn't help me much. Maybe if I try to make some applescript och use Bettertouchtool to find a way to trigger that... hm..

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 06:59 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 07:00 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 24 Apr, 2019 07:00 AM

Hi,

What version of macOS are you currently running?

Could you please go to System Preferences -> Dock -> "Prefer tabs when opening documents" and make sure it's not set to "Always"?

Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 07:00 AM.

6. Tabbingwindows re-opened this discussion on 24 Apr, 2019 08:16 PM

7. 3 Posted by Tabbingwindows on 24 Apr, 2019 08:16 PM

Holy mother... that was it?

Incredible... yea. That was it... Thanks a million.

8. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Apr, 2019 06:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac