Path Finder 8 pop-up in Path Finder 7.6.2

Chris

27 Mar, 2019 02:19 PM

OK, so let me just start by saying I love path finder, great app, way better than OSX's stupid finder.

However, I am sick of this stupid pop up asking me to buy path finder 8. I understand you want to advise me of a new version, fine, I can accept being told about it one. But having this pop up show up every few days is incredibly annoying. I paid for path finder 7, I own the product, have my license key. I paid to get rid of adds and to support the product. Why do you have to bug me with these pop ups multiple times a week? I am honestly at the point where I am consider just uninstalling this product to get it to stop. I would rather just deal with OSX's crappy finder that does not have an annoying pop-up than deal with this annoyance every few days.

Why is there not an option to never show this alert again? It is a paid upgrade, I don't want to pay for an upgrade right now because I don't need it. I am happy with 7, so stop bugging me.

Please tell me there is a way to stop this from happening. I want to keep using Path Finder 7, but like I said, if I can't get this to stop I am just going to uninstall it so I can have some peace.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Mar, 2019 02:32 PM

Hi Chris,

Please, open Path Finder preferences window and in "General" preferences turn off "Check for new updates automatically" setting.

Let me know how it goes.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Mar, 2019 02:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac