Deleted files - REALLY PISSED OFF

Mike

27 Mar, 2019 01:44 PM

Hello,

I am #$^%&%$^$#!@%^%#$$^&@$%(&^^U&%$@%&$&%@#$^%!$#^! pissed off to say the least.

The other day I decided to tidy up my mac and while in PF8 I also decided to clean the "search for" category. UNBEKNOWNST to me - THERE IS NO WARNING WHATSOEVER - that clearing the search for would ALSO DELETE the files. And not only that but the files are NOT in my trash bin #Q$^%&^&%$#&^*%@$#^$#^!#^#!^!#&%$U^. LOST A WHOLE BUNCH OF IMPORTANT FILES TOO

Damn it the least you can do is to provide a WARNING that clearing the search history will ALSO delete the files

$#%&^%&&^&O^^$))(*&^$^%&%$!#$&^%&)&_&)&^*%$W#&!#@

to say the least

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 27 Mar, 2019 03:07 PM

Hi Michel,

I am sorry about this situation.

The "Search for" sidebar group contains predefined searches for the recently looked up/accessed items in case you need quick access to them. It is not so much search history but rather search results. 
    The "Delete" action bypasses Trash and by default Path Finder will always show corresponding warning unless you've unchecked "Show warning on delete and emptying the Trash" option in Preferences -> General tab.

I can see how this unfortunate confusion could arise and I will notify our developers of the issue.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 27 Mar, 2019 03:07 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac