Pathfinder Freezing when I quit the application & reopen again.

dnafviii

23 Mar, 2019 12:28 AM

Hi, I am running Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.3 on Macbook Pro 15" 2016. I have Pathfinder Version 8.3.9 installed and I am unable to use it with the features i need b/c it freezes and requires restarting regularly. Most of the time if I quit and restart the program it freezes and the windows smudge across the screen. I can quit by checking for updates. This closes the program and reopens it and it works until it freezes again randomly. I have removed the file preview option, I have changed default text app back to Pathfinder App and it still freezes when I try to open the program. The troubleshooting tips tried do not fix the problem. I also noticed it takes a really long time to copy and paste files to different directories. I would expect this from a $2.99 app but not a $40 app. So much so that I have gone back to using Finder b/c this app won't work reliably. This has been an ongoing issue for a long time. Will it ever be resolved? If not, I would like to request a refund as I have paid for an app that won't allow me to use the functionality that Finder allows me to use for free.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 23 Mar, 2019 01:17 PM

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for contacting us!

Are the freezes random or happen when you quit and reopen the app as mentioned in the title?

May I ask you to follow the instruction and check if the issue still persists: 

1. Delete Path Finder and its traces according to the article: 
      http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/how-...
      (The AppCleaner option is highly recommended) 
    2. Download the latest version of the app from our site
    3. Launch Path Finder and move it to the Apps folder as the app suggests

Let me know how it goes. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 23 Mar, 2019 01:17 PM.

3. dnafviii re-opened this discussion on 25 Mar, 2019 04:23 AM

4. 2 Posted by dnafviii on 25 Mar, 2019 04:23 AM

Hi Jordan,
    Apologies for not getting this done sooner. It crashed mostly when I quit Path Finder & opened it again at a later time. I have just removed Path Finder (with App Cleaner) & downloaded & installed Path Finder. I then quit Path Finder & reopened it without any issues. Hopefully that was the fix I needed to get it working again. If I have any further issues I will reopen this thread. Thanks again for your troubleshooting tips, suggestions & fixes! :D

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 25 Mar, 2019 02:40 PM

Hi Dan,

We are glad to assist! Please make sure to write us back should any further questions arise.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 25 Mar, 2019 02:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac