Color change for added buttons?

tonyd11763

21 Apr, 2012 01:26 AM

I just upgraded to 6.0.0 and found that the 'info' and 'delete' buttons, which I use frequently, were missing from the toolbar. I successfully added them but can't find a way to give them the colors that they had in the prior version of Path Finder.

1. 1 Posted by ecpht on 21 Apr, 2012 03:33 AM

yes please gives us color buttons back - Lion's monochrome UI is horrible and I don't like every application designer following Apple's lead.
    Thankfully PF v6 enables color icons in the sidebar - how about the toolbar?

2. 2 Posted by Michael on 21 Apr, 2012 07:53 AM

Sorry, we've decided to go with the Apple UI standards on this one.

3. 3 Posted by tonyd11763 on 21 Apr, 2012 09:54 AM

To: [email blocked]
    Sent: Saturday, April 21, 2012 3:53 AM
    Subject: Re: Color change for added buttons? [Problems & Questions]

It seems to me that the User Interface standard that applies here is consistency and the reason I want to change the color of the Info button back to blue and the delete button back to red is so that they will be consistent with the prior version of Path Finder. Apple uses the info button on Disk Utility and there it is the same color as yours used to be. Common usage of the circle-and-slash that you use for the delete button makes it red. A red circle-and-slash with a black P meaning no parking, or with a black left-turn arrow meaning no left turn, or a black right turn arrow meaning no right turn, etc.

So consistency and ease of use for either your heritage users or people who have seen this symbols elsewhere than in your product would seem to mean that you should go with the colors rather than with the black.

4. 4 Posted by Damazio on 21 Apr, 2012 03:40 PM

Please suggest it at the Feedback Page, the right place for suggestions.

5. Damazio closed this discussion on 21 Apr, 2012 03:40 PM.

6. Dragan re-opened this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 04:26 PM

7. Dragan closed this discussion on 24 Apr, 2012 04:32 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac