PF 8.3.9 still not fully functional

tmatsoukas

21 Feb, 2019 07:13 PM

I understand that mojave has been a challenge but PF is still not fully functional. I have run the quarantine commands but I continue to run into these recurring problems:

1. blank window
  2. Unresponsive PF that needs a force-quit
  3. Personal preferences don't stick
  4. Cannot drop folders to toolbar
  5. File preview is is slow or does not work at all for certain file types (I have noticed it with EPS files made in mathematica). Hitting the space bar works, but this is an added keystroke that I am not used to.
  6. Selecting the name of a file does not always make it editable and you must click it first (but this some times opens the file instead).

I like PF but these problems impact my workflow and at some point I will have to consider whether using PF is worth it.

Themis

1. 1 Posted by Dan on 21 Feb, 2019 10:14 PM

I have been using PF on my Mojave for only a day, and have experienced 2-4.

I think the biggest dealbreaker is 2. I just can't rely on an application for something as important as file browsing if it will randomly crap out. I like the functionality and it was roughly what i was looking for, but falls short in having strong foundations.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Feb, 2019 12:48 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 22 Feb, 2019 12:48 PM

4. 2 Posted by kurt on 27 Feb, 2019 01:45 PM

Same for me. PF totally unresponsive. Apple ball spinning like crazy.
    I have used the app more than 10 years and now its totally useless.
    Please fix it.

//Kurt

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 28 Feb, 2019 07:22 AM.

6. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 28 Feb, 2019 07:22 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac