Performance problems after upgrading to 8.3.9

Jim Hersel

07 Feb, 2019 10:48 PM

I upgraded to 8.3.9 this morning and path finder is causing significant performance issues. Frequently, it seems to engage the coreservicesd daemon and consumes 80% of my CPU. If I shut down path finder things go back to normal. This was happening before when I had the preview module open but had been fixed, or so it seemed. Now it's back and causing real issues.

1. 1 Posted by John on 08 Feb, 2019 03:59 AM

This problem occurs for me too on a fast Macbook Pro running Mojave, and with the latest version of Pathfinder (the problem started about two releases ago). It makes Pathfinder completely unusable; I can't have Pathfinder open if I want to work on anything else.

Given that I have paid for the program and am in fact a loyal long-term user, I'm annoyed that this problem, which renders the program useless, has now gone several months without a solution.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2019 11:50 AM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 08 Feb, 2019 11:51 AM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 08 Feb, 2019 11:51 AM

Hi, 

Please choose a .txt file, open Preview module preferences (gear button next to its header) and uncheck "Colorize syntax". 

Also, it may be worth trying to restore defaults for View Settings (cmd+J).
    Make sure to have "Calculate all sizes" unchecked here. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 08 Feb, 2019 11:51 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac