PF8 Continues to lose it's configuration and Favorites after some re-starts

jimcamel

06 Feb, 2019 05:20 PM

AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

I downgraded to PF7 in September after 2 months of frustration with PF8 constantly losing my sidebar setup, favourites and module configuration. Every friggin' time I would set it up - taking a few minutes to do so - PF8 would lose it. Over, and over and over and over again.

I know this was the subject of several threads.

Finally, after PF8 had gone through some more point updates, and I had heard this specific issue was resolved - I re-installed PF8 and it was okay for 2 days - then this morning PF8 fired up and it was all lost again.

This is soooooo basic - and you need to get it fixed. I can't for the life of me fathom why you are spending time on things like 'pretty little dark mode' when you have basics like this that are not functioning. Dark mode gives me just a tiny bit of improved workflow (and I mean TINY) losing the configuration over, and over and over again is a major hit to workflow efficiency and so if that is what you care about, as you say, then fix it.

And, while we are at it ... why don't you provide some basic documentation and a fix list for your releases. The stuff on your knowledge base all refers to 7. You say you are so proud to release 8 with all it's wonderful features, re-engineering and so forth and you can't even tell us what you have done.

I appreciate you are supposed to release a new point version of PF8 in Feb....PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE RESOLVE THE ISSUE WITH LOSING THE CONFIGURATION AND THE FAVORITES.

Otherwise, it's back to PF7 again.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 07 Feb, 2019 01:35 PM

Hi Jim,

There was one fix released for losing preferences. 
    This issue really doesn't happen to many users. 
    Also, you can use Sidebar preferences in order to save sidebar favorites. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 
    I will ping our developers once again with this issue. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2019 01:35 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac