Problem with saved browsers (and a more general question)

Alan Harper

31 Jan, 2019 08:59 PM

I have been delaying upgrading from PF 7 because I was afraid that PF 8 was not really finished, and was only partly usable.

Today I tried to save some browsers, and what I found was that settings from later saved browsers affected earlier saved browsers. For instance, I saved a browser on Screen #1 on the left hand side and called it, let's say, "Screen 1". Then I saved a browser on Screen 2 and called it "Screen 2". After that, if I choose the saved Screen 1 browser, it comes up on Screen 2. I had similar problems saving in icon view, vs. list view vs. multi-column view, and saving the default folder to open. (My experience is that the preference for "Starting Directory" doesn't always work).

I see at least 7 previous reports of problems with saved browsers, none with an adequate response from the support team. I also see no announcements of new versions or blog entries for over a year.

Is Path Finder 8 being maintained? Is it worthwhile actually documenting a bug and submitting it here?

TIA

1. 1 Posted by Tarique Naseem on 01 Feb, 2019 01:08 AM

I have this problem too. It appears that when you save a new browser, it also saves over the top of the ticked on in the File/New Browser list. Really annoying.

When I want to update a browser save, I now have to make sure the ticked one is the one I'm using now, before doing the save. To do a new save, I go to 'Default Browser' and then select the tabs/views I want and hit save. Really annoying #2!

We never had these problems in the last version of PF.

Annoyingly, when going through this, PF8 decided to just reset all my views, sidebar font sizes, favourites and modules too!

What a mess.

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2019 12:41 PM.

3. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 01 Feb, 2019 12:42 PM

4. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 01 Feb, 2019 12:42 PM

Hi, 

We've already submitted this issue to our developers, sorry for the inconvenience. 

PF8 is being maintained, there are updates they are just not announced on the site. 
    It's version 8.3.8 now latest available one. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

5. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 01 Feb, 2019 12:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac