Open DropBox Folder from Dropbox Menubar.. impossible?

ianstudio

25 Jan, 2019 03:59 PM

Hi,
when a new file is added to DropBox if you click on it in the "Recent files" menu of the DropBox MacOS menubar icon.. it normally opens a Finder window and reveals the file so you can access it directly.. Unfortunately this does not work when Path Finder is used as "Default file Browser" ...

WORSE...
I cannot even get the regular Finder functionality back when I deactivate Path Finder as "Default file Browser". DropBox menu does not react a all... opens/reveals nothing..

I think I got it working again couple of times when I did a reset PRAM (might have been a chance occurrence).. not even sure how all these thing are related.. or who is at fault here but all of this makes working with DropBox a real pain.. at times I even have to ask people where they put a certain file in our shared DropBox.. just so I can locate it.. or I have to use the web interface which is a real pain in the ass.

I do know that for some periods of time over the past few years I had stopped using Path Fnder and had totally deleted it (prefs and all) .. and the DropBox menu would work fine in conjunction with Finder and open a Finder window revealing me my new file as expected..

Not sure I'm being clear.. but what exactly is the deal with all this? And is Path Finder breaking the functionality for Finder on top not being completely compatible with DropBox menu?

H E L P

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 26 Jan, 2019 05:02 PM

Hi, 

Becoming "default" browser, Path Finder attempts to replace all the links to Finder with the links to Path Finder. 
    But some apps are hard-wired into Finder making this replacement impossible. 
    You should be able to restore the default functioning by following the complete uninstall instructions. 

I hope this helps. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2019 05:02 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac