Finally! Got Path Finder to Sync with iCloud Drive

Phillip Rodokanakis

21 Jan, 2019 02:48 AM

I have been exchanging emails with Cocoatech support about the fact that Path Finder was not synching with iCloud Drive and consequently couldn't see all the folders stored there. I got lots of suggestions on stuff to do, all to no avail--and a waste of time. A consistent pointer in all the communications was to ensure that Path Finder had been granted full disk access, but no explanation on how to do that.

I recalled that when I first upgraded to v.8, the macOS blocked Path Finder from having full disk access and I had to enable that by going to System Preferences/Security & Privacy; on the General Tab Path Finder was clearly listed on the bottom of the Window and I had the option to grant it full disk access. Alas, once I started having problems with Path Finder no longer synching with the iCloud Drive, I wasn't getting an option on this screen to enable full disk access.

This evening I stumbled the Full Disk Access setting under the Privacy tab (System Preferences/Security & Privacy, Privacy Tab). I unlocked the System Preferences and added Path Finder app to the Full Disk Access window. A warning is generated that says that you must quit Path Finder for the option to become effective and you're given the choice of quitting immediately or quitting later. Once Path Finder is closed and restarted, the iCloud Drive synched and all folders stored in iCloud were displayed.

It's bizarre that none of the instructions I received from CocoaTech pointed me to the Full Disk Access Privacy Tab Window. You would think that would be the first thing they would ask to you check and add in case the Path Finder app wasn't listed there. Go figure...

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:19 AM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 21 Jan, 2019 08:19 AM

3. 1 Posted by Burton Bram on 14 Jul, 2019 06:41 PM

Path Finder 7.6.2
    This fix works in Mohave but not in High Sierra. Does anyone know how to give Path Finder Disk Access in macOS 10.13.6? It is getting frustrating not being able to use Path Finder when accessing iCloud Drive.
    With that said, I'm thinking of trying Office 365 with OneDrive. Does anyone know if Path Finder will access that drive?

4. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 15 Jul, 2019 09:44 AM.

5. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 15 Jul, 2019 09:45 AM

6. Support Staff 2 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 15 Jul, 2019 09:48 AM

Hi Burton,

"Full Disk Access" is a privacy permission introduced in macOS Mojave. Previous versions of macOS (like High Sierra) don't have that restriction.

Path Finder does not have OneDrive integration as of now.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• ScreenClipping.png 263 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac