Pasting File or Folder HFS Path

Collier

15 Apr, 2013 09:58 PM

Once I've copied a files path, how do I go about pasting that path to pull it up in PathFinder?

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 16 Apr, 2013 09:06 PM

Collier, just hit Go > Go to Folder (you can assign a hotkey to it), paste it and open it.

2. 2 Posted by Collier on 16 Apr, 2013 09:34 PM

Yea, I tried that... but after I paste it and then hit the "Go" button on the bottom of this window - it closes that dialogue box and does nothing.

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 17 Apr, 2013 09:47 AM

Make sure you're using an absolute path. To test it, select any folder, press Command + C, close the tab which holds the folder you just copied, go to folder, press Command + V and finally Enter. Let us know the outcome.

4. 4 Posted by Collier on 17 Apr, 2013 01:52 PM

Hey Damazio,
    This does work... however it doesn't work if I am needing to email or IM a files path to a team member. We have multiple people needing the ability to share file paths back and forth with the ability to copy and paste that path from an email or IM into the "Go to folder" option in PathFinder. The "Copy Path > HFS" option is perfect for copying and pasting into the email, however that path doesn't work when we paste it into PathFinders "Go to Folder" command.

Do you have a solution for this?

5. 5 Posted by Damazio on 17 Apr, 2013 07:46 PM

I don't have a solution with HFS paths. You can use Copy Path > URL, paste it on the email and remove the localhost bit so

file://localhost/Users/Damazio/Downloads/Safari/

becomes

file://Users/Damazio/Downloads/Safari/

Then your users can just click the email link for it to open in Path Finder (needs to be set as the default file browser in preferences).

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 20 Apr, 2013 09:58 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac