How to submit a crash report

Marc Bonnier

09 Apr, 2013 06:22 PM

Hi, being fed-up of the Finder hang while transferring files, I just tried PF6 and got a crash .... not so good for a first impression. Anyway the tool looks powerful. But reliability is paramount.

Also. I got asked many times to authenticate. Maybe it would be better to ask only one time for many files so unattended transfer would process normally.

1. 1 Posted by Marc Bonnier on 09 Apr, 2013 06:23 PM

Sorry, I just found that at restart I could send the report.... too fast on the trigger.

2. 2 Posted by Damazio on 09 Apr, 2013 09:19 PM

Thanks for the report, Marc. You can also attach crash reports here. Dev has been notified. About the authentication, I'm not sure but I think it should ask only one time. Were you copying from/to multiple sources/destinations?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Dragan on 12 Apr, 2013 01:18 PM

Hi Marc, that crash... Was that just one-time isolated issue, or Path Finder keeps crashing on you?

As for the authentication, Path Finder should ask you for authentication (if needed, that is if you move/copy/delete files on destination folders/volumes for which you don't have write permission) ONLY ONCE per operation. It should not ask you for every file being copied/moved/deleted. But if you perform more operations (copy/move/delete) which include at least one file for which you need to authenticate, than you have to do that, there's no other way.

4. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2013 10:44 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac