Bugs, Issues, Missing features, horrible community board - PF what have you done to us

tosbsas

30 Dec, 2018 06:33 PM

I am not such a long time PF user, but do beta and alpha test a lot of apps and programs. The experience with PF is so weird, if it wasn't for the somehow nice interface and the dual window pane I would have asked for a long time to get my money back.

Lets see:
Way into 2018, almost 2019 PF does not support a feature introduced by Apple at then d of 2017 - that's more than a year now and still NOTHING - the Touch Bar. How can you charge for a program like this. Had to buy another app BTT to get Touch Bar functions. Maybe you should join that guy and develop a decent PF together.

Many people still use email - in spite of Telegram and WhatsApp - and our friends at PF can't get a simple function like that - they even show it in the context menu - to work as it should. Users have to show a workaround and post it three or four times because of that weird board software PF is using.

Onedrive finally offers FOD (Files on Demand) to clean up our smaller SSD - PF does support it - obviously not, and as they are fixing bugs for a year now, any hope to get this is pretty remote.

How would I like to go back to PF 7 where it least some of the stuff is working. I am honestly wondering if there actually still are people developing or if we are talking about a closing down company who tries to get the last revenues out of a program they are not developing actively anymore.

To bad Mr Ghisler from TC doesn't dare to make a decent copy for MacOS of his awesome Totalcomander - would pay up to 100 bucks for it.

So, PF guys, thats my end of the year rant - probably gone disappear in this weird software of yours that closes post after you answer and thats it than.

Hoping for a new star on the horizon and being able to leave PF soon, I dismiss myself until 2019

1. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 12:04 PM.

2. Path Finder Support Team re-opened this discussion on 31 Dec, 2018 12:05 PM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac