Missing Copy Dropbox link

Quadrat

20 Nov, 2018 03:06 PM

Other Dropbox integration works fine in PF 8.3.5, except I am missing the "Copy Dropbox link" from the contextual menu. I have to show in Finder and then, in Finder, copy the Dropbox link. What might be going on here?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 21 Nov, 2018 10:09 AM

Hi, 

We will investigate available APIs for cloud services and possibilities to integrate them into PathFinder, but that will take some time.
    Also, it's rather expected we wouldn't be able to achieve full functionality like working with the native application, as APIs these companies provide don't offer the full functionality of native applications.

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 21 Nov, 2018 10:09 AM.

3. Quadrat re-opened this discussion on 21 Nov, 2018 03:15 PM

4. 2 Posted by Quadrat on 21 Nov, 2018 03:15 PM

Hi,

Are you saying that this broke in PF 8 and you can't yet figure out how to fix it? Because it worked fine in PF 7. Would you advise me to downgrade to recover this lost capability?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 22 Nov, 2018 10:29 PM

Hi,  

First of all, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience. 
    Some of the features are indeed gone now, unfortunately, since PF8 was re-written in order to avoid issues caused by outdated APIs. 
    Our developers are working on restoring them. 

Here's the link to PathFinder 7 should you decide to downgrade: https://get.cocoatech.com/PF7.zip

Most of the time PF7 will work fine, but if you made some certain changes in settings, it may just hang after launch, not showing any window.
    If you want to go back using PF7, you may need to delete folder "~/Library/Application Support/Path Finder/Settings/Data Store", where "~" is your home folder.
    After that PF7 will work fine. 

We also recommend disabling the automatic update checker in Path Finder > Preferences > General. 

Be sure to let us know should any further questions arise. 

Best Regards, 
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team 

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 22 Nov, 2018 10:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac