searching for files in Pathfinder windows

Peter Bailey

07 Feb, 2013 08:44 PM

Sometimes, and I don't know why it's just sometimes and not always, I plop myself up in the upper right corner of a PF window to search for a filename. I type in the filename, or part of it, and all of a sudden, a regular Finder window opens and the file or files I'm looking for might appear there. Why does it do this? Why does it use Finder? Why don't the "found" files just pop up at the top of the PF window that I'm in. I'm used to that. I'm not used to this Finder business.

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by Tom on 13 Feb, 2013 12:42 AM

Hi,

First of all, do you have the Set as Default Browser option checked in preferences? If not, make sure that is checked. If you do, I would suggest unchecking it, and closing then reopening Path Finder, checking that option and also the Launch PathFinder at Login option, and then restarting your computer.

For the search bar, you might want to try clicking the magnifying glass and trying a few different search options. If you could, try using the Find window by selecting Command+F. I think starting with these two options is a good idea, but please let me know if you still have this issue.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 09 Oct, 2013 01:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac