Pathfinder 6 seems to be damaged

balaskin

06 Feb, 2013 04:54 PM

Hi, I went to use Path Finder today and the following pop-up appeared: "You can't open the application Path Finder because it may be damaged or incomplete." The icon on my toolbar is greyed out and I can't seem to get into the application on my computer. Advice?

1. 1 Posted by Cocoatech on 07 Feb, 2013 07:17 AM

Hi,

The best option here is to delete and reinstall Path Finder 6. You will need to re-enter your license information after reinstalling, so make sure to keep it on hand.

There are 2 steps to take when deleting Path Finder 6, I'll guide you through both.

First, find the Path Finder 6 app, and drag it to the Trash.

Next, you'll need to find the Preferences file for PF6. To do so you need to access your library file. Click on the Go dropdown menu in the regular Finder, if you do not see Library listed, hold down the Option key and it will show up. Once the Library is open, go to Application Support and delete the entire Path Finder file.

After both files are in the Trash, make sure to Empty the Trash, then Restart.

Finally, redownload and reinstall Path Finder 6-(www.cocoatech.com). Enter your license information and you should be all set!

Let me know how that works.

2. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 07 Feb, 2013 07:17 AM.

3. balaskin re-opened this discussion on 07 Feb, 2013 02:38 PM

4. 2 Posted by balaskin on 07 Feb, 2013 02:38 PM

Thanks Danny, I'll try it.

> From: Danny <[email blocked]>
    > Reply-To: <[email blocked]>
    > Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:17:14 -0500
    > To: Barbara Laskin <[email blocked]>
    > Subject: Cocoatech Support
    >
    > From: Danny (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Pathfinder 6 seems to be damaged
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > The best option here is to delete and reinstall Path Finder 6. You will need
    > to re-enter your license information after reinstalling, so make sure to keep
    > it on hand.
    >
    > There are 2 steps to take when deleting Path Finder 6, I'll guide you through
    > both.
    >
    > First, find the Path Finder 6 app, and drag it to the Trash.
    >
    > Next, you'll need to find the Preferences file for PF6. To do so you need to
    > access your library file. Click on the Go dropdown menu in the regular
    > Finder, if you do not see Library listed, hold down the Option key and it will
    > show up. Once the Library is open, go to Application Support and delete the
    > entire Path Finder file.
    >
    > After both files are in the Trash, make sure to Empty the Trash, then Restart.
    >
    > Finally, redownload and reinstall Path Finder 6-(www.cocoatech.com). Enter
    > your license information and you should be all set!
    >
    > Let me know how that works.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online:
    > http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/11266-pathfinder-6-seems-to-
    > be-damaged
    > To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.cocoatech.com,
    > visit
    > http://support.cocoatech.com/unsubscribe/2e3e951c2d29fa891acae17b1bed3e0134122
    > 232
    >
    >

5. 3 Posted by balaskin on 07 Feb, 2013 07:30 PM

Hi Danny,

I've reloaded Pathfinder 6 as instructed, but when I tried to register,
    although my license number appeared automatically, when I tried to click on
    "apply" I was unable to continue. It looks as though I'm being asked to
    purchase again before the registration is complete. Can you reassure me that
    is not the case?

Thanks!

Barbara

> From: Danny <[email blocked]>
    > Reply-To: <[email blocked]>
    > Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 02:17:14 -0500
    > To: Barbara Laskin <[email blocked]>
    > Subject: Cocoatech Support
    >
    > From: Danny (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Pathfinder 6 seems to be damaged
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > The best option here is to delete and reinstall Path Finder 6. You will need
    > to re-enter your license information after reinstalling, so make sure to keep
    > it on hand.
    >
    > There are 2 steps to take when deleting Path Finder 6, I'll guide you through
    > both.
    >
    > First, find the Path Finder 6 app, and drag it to the Trash.
    >
    > Next, you'll need to find the Preferences file for PF6. To do so you need to
    > access your library file. Click on the Go dropdown menu in the regular
    > Finder, if you do not see Library listed, hold down the Option key and it will
    > show up. Once the Library is open, go to Application Support and delete the
    > entire Path Finder file.
    >
    > After both files are in the Trash, make sure to Empty the Trash, then Restart.
    >
    > Finally, redownload and reinstall Path Finder 6-(www.cocoatech.com). Enter
    > your license information and you should be all set!
    >
    > Let me know how that works.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online:
    > http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/11266-pathfinder-6-seems-to-
    > be-damaged
    > To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://support.cocoatech.com,
    > visit
    > http://support.cocoatech.com/unsubscribe/2e3e951c2d29fa891acae17b1bed3e0134122
    > 232
    >
    >

6. 4 Posted by Millar on 07 Feb, 2013 10:54 PM

This comment was split into a new discussion: Pathfinder 6 seems to be damaged

I am using PF v.6.0.6. I have twice tried to update it to v.6.1.3, but each time the program has failed to re-open after installation, and clicking on the dock icon brings up a notice that the program is damaged. I have reinstalled v.6 over the damaged file, and updated it to v.6.0.6 using the "Check Updates" function. It is when I tried to update from there that things go wrong.

7. 5 Posted by Robert George on 08 Feb, 2013 02:33 PM

Issues with the latest update. I haven't been having any issues until the last update. I have isolated my computer stalls to Pathfinder 6. I am now running without it and no problems. Is there any way I can go back 2-3 versions. I am currently running 6.1.3.
    Wish I had the time to pinpoint the actual cause but can't stop to figure it out.

8. 6 Posted by Cocoatech on 12 Feb, 2013 09:34 PM

Barbara,

As long as you see "Licensed for 1 user" below your registration code, you are successfully registered and ready to use Path Finder.

Enjoy!

9. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Feb, 2013 09:34 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac