Please stop resetting my sort order every single time I change folders

h

29 Jan, 2013 06:05 PM

This is driving me nuts, but Pathfinder's other features are just about keeping me hanging on:

I use the List view almost exclusively - hey, lots of files - and almost always want recent files at the top. If you're not going to remember settings on a per-folder (or even per-history-per-tab), then please [let me] make it the default sort order.

Or just make it sticky - if you're in list view and you navigate into or out of a folder, just keep the same sort order you were just using. Simple and intuitive. Heck, I think I'd prefer it this way.

Incredibly frustrating that it resets back to Name every time you go forward/back too. Adds two mouse clicks and a curseword every time I change folder, and it's the reason I keep going back to nasty ole' Finder. Please help!

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 29 Jan, 2013 06:19 PM

Go into View > Show View Options, make sure All windows is set at the top-left and apply your most used sorting there (eg. Date Modified).
    Now this default order will be sticky and whenever you want the odd sorting, just click on the header or assign a hotkey to different sortings in Preferences > Features > Keyboard > View > Sort by (I think this is the right path, I'll confirm when I get home).

2. h closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2013 11:23 PM.

3. h re-opened this discussion on 29 Jan, 2013 11:24 PM

4. 2 Posted by h on 29 Jan, 2013 11:24 PM

Thanks, Damazio, you've made me a happy happy man :)

5. h closed this discussion on 29 Jan, 2013 11:24 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac