Memory usage in PF 6.1.2 (1513)

John

28 Jan, 2013 10:27 PM

Hello,

I just caught PF 6.1.2 (1513) growing in memory to 3.12+ GB (and growing) while idle. I had 2 windows open, each in dual browser mode, with 1 tab per browser open. There were no file operations occurring at the time. First time I've ever noticed PF taking up so much memory. Not sure what was going on or how to test it, but thought I'd post this in case others were having similar issues and possibly if someone had figured out why (for a workaround).

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 30 Jan, 2013 11:08 AM

Hi John, first update to the new 6.1.3 and report back if you see the same behavior.

2. 2 Posted by John on 12 Feb, 2013 08:05 PM

Definitely seeing something that looks similar in PF 6.1.3. My workflow right now is to generate files/data and use PF to look through it via QuickLook. Even with few tabs open, PF memory grows to 3+ GB.

2 browser panes, few tabs, column view in most active tab, lots of new folder/file creation happening actively from an external program, and lots of QuickLook usage.

Closing PF and reopening temporarily solves the problem.

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 14 Feb, 2013 06:50 PM

Thanks for the report John. I can confirm that Quick Looking makes PF use quite some memory. I notified the dev about this thread.

4. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2013 10:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac