browser window default size

cclark

22 Jan, 2013 06:37 PM

when I open a new browser window, it completely fills my screen. I've been unable to find how to reset the default size.

Please help.

1. 1 Posted by cclark on 22 Jan, 2013 06:44 PM

Through further experimentation, it seems that the new window opens at the same size as the previous window.

Is there a way to averride this and set a standard default size?

2. 2 Posted by Damazio on 22 Jan, 2013 07:40 PM

1. Resize your working window - this will be the default.
    2. When you have to, quit Path Finder without closing the window.

Next time you launch Path Finder, it will remember the window size.

3. Damazio closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2013 07:40 PM.

4. cclark re-opened this discussion on 22 Jan, 2013 10:19 PM

5. 3 Posted by cclark on 22 Jan, 2013 10:55 PM

Thanks, but this is does not seem to be helpful.
    re
    "When you have to, quit Path Finder without closing the window."' I have never had to quit Pathfinder. When I do and relaunch it as a test, yeah, it remembers the size of the last window.

What I'd like is to be able to do is to set a default location and size for the window called up by the "New Browser" command. I use my 11" MacBook Air either solo, or running 2 additional monitors, one at 1920x1080, and one at 1280 x 1024, both over USB via DisplayLink. It is now my main computer, a huge improvement in my life, I used to use 2 computers, one for on the road and one for in the office, but the new Airs are fast enough that I now use my hot desktops only for specialized tasks.

Using "SwitchResEx", the MBAir recognizes the connected monitor configuration and adjusts its internal display resolution to match (I set the internal display to a lower resolution so I can work farther away from it.) Very cool.

If I could set a default "Pathfinder browser" window size, this would be extremely helpful using Pathfinder with multiple display configurations. When using the MBAir solo I often hit the green dot to fill my screen with the browser window. Then, when I plug in my other monitors and open a new Pathfinder browser, I get a 1920x1080 browser window that covers up everything else I'm looking at - very annoying.

I'd think a fix for this should be easy to implement, and a boon to folks who want a "real" computer that they can walk with (in the age of the IPad I guess this makes us "power-users"). You're kicking Apple's butt in terms of file navigation software- if you fix this issue they'll probably buy you out for $1B :-))

Thanks for "listening".

6. 4 Posted by Damazio on 23 Jan, 2013 02:29 PM

What about all the other apps you have which don't let you set a default window size?
    I can forward this discussion to the dev but I suggest you use something like Window Magician or Slate which let you define coordinates for any window size and position, not just Path Finder.

7. Dragan closed this discussion on 22 May, 2013 12:21 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac