How to add items to Bookmark Bar?

johnbrown1869

19 Jan, 2013 07:24 PM

Prior to acquainting myself with Path Finder's various contextual menus, I removed each of the Bookmarks Bar's default bookmarks (via dragging) to create as minimalist a browser window as my needs would then allow. Upon discovering the View menu toggle, I subsequently disabled the bar itself.

Just to see what I've been missing, I recently reenabled it (the Booksmarks Bar default setting is enabled). The only bookmark viewable is my Home Folder, which can removed by dragging its icon a short distance outside the browser window. Upon disabling, and subsequently reenabling the Bookmarks Bar, the Home Folder returns.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to reenable any of the original default bookmarks, or add any others. Hopefully, I'm just missing something obvious. If so, please remind me. If not, there must be away to reset the default bookmarks, hopefully without losing my other settings and preferences.

Thanks in advance for any assistance with this

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 22 Jan, 2013 02:08 AM

The default bookmarks for v5 were the folders in your home folder (Movies, Pictures, Documents, etc.). In v6, the default is the Home folder. Just add any folder you want by dragging it to the Bookmarks Bar.

Cheers.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 22 Jan, 2013 02:08 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac