Dual Browser problem

arkansastraveler

16 Jan, 2013 05:45 PM

I've been using the Dual Browser setup (in Column View) for several months and find it useful even with a few quirks. ;-)

But I am having a problem. I often have deeply buried files/folders, at least six levels deep. While viewing the deepest level/Column, the view randomly reverts to a higher level/folder and usually hides the level I was in. The horizontal scroll bar works fine, but I'd rather the view simply remain where I want instead of having to almost constantly scroll back to it.

I suspected I might be touching the metal (Apple's aluminum) keyboard or even the MagicPad inadvertently. But even concerted attention to keeping all fingers away from the keyboard does not prevent this loss of a selected column. It can even happen without my doing anything but looking at the screen! BTW, it's not my cat, either! LOL!

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 18 Jan, 2013 11:54 AM

If I remember correctly, this is an issue with the automatic column resizing. For the time being, try to go into View > Show View Options and disable that option at the bottom.
    Please report back.

2. 2 Posted by arkansastravele... on 18 Jan, 2013 02:46 PM

Done. I'll watch how it goes for a few days and report back, either way. I won't restart PF until tomorrow, BTW, even though the new pref should take effect immediately.

Thanks for your quick response, BTW!

Have a great weekend!

On Jan 18, 2013, at 5:54 AM, Damazio <[email blocked]> wrote:
    > From: Damazio (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Dual Browser problem
    >
    > If I remember correctly, this is an issue with the automatic column resizing. For the time being, try to go into **View > Show View Options** and disable that option at the bottom.
    > Please report back.

<CHOP>

Jim Chaffin
    [email blocked]
    ---------------------
    "The trouble with quotations on the Internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 19 Jan, 2013 03:28 PM

Thanks, you too. I'll close this discussion for now, to automatically re-open it, you just need to reply back.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 19 Jan, 2013 03:28 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac