Trashing

marco

11 Jan, 2013 07:46 PM

First day with the app... pretty great. One thing I can't figure out is the trash. I know it's a separate function (its not the same as Finder trash). But how do I making trashing things easy with Path Finder? I don't see any option in the default setup to trash things. How would I:

• add a trash icon to the sidebar so I can drag and drop things to the trash like normal?
  • Delete from the context menu: right click context menu on files, there is no trash option
  • Undo Trash Actions: there is a CUT option, but unlike finder, if I COMMAND -Z (undo) it doesn't undo the cut
  • I was able to add a trash icon/function to the TOP toolbar, but everytime I drag and drop everything there, I am prompted to enter my username and password to authorize the trashing.
  1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 22 Jan, 2013 02:23 PM

add a trash icon to the sidebar so I can drag and drop things to the trash like normal?

Enable View > Show Invisible Files, navigate to your home folder and all HD's root folders and you'll see a folder called .Trashes. Then just drag them to your Sidebar.

Delete from the context menu: right click context menu on files, there is no trash option

Go to Preferences > Features > Contextual Menu and add it there.

Undo Trash Actions: there is a CUT option, but unlike finder, if I COMMAND -Z (undo) it doesn't undo the cut

Cut doesn't trash the item, it simply hides it from view. To undo a Cut operation, simply refresh the browser (View > Reload).

I was able to add a trash icon/function to the TOP toolbar, but everytime I drag and drop everything there, I am prompted to enter my username and password to authorize the trashing.

Try to repair your permissions with Disk Utility and report back if it doesn't fix it.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 26 Jan, 2013 11:10 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac