Clicking on MS Word Documents opens a QuickLook in Preview

tobinanthony

08 Jan, 2013 01:30 PM

When I double-click on a document in Pathfinder, it opens the proper application. However, recently MS Word files seem to open to a quickLook in Preview. I can right click on the Word documents and do an "Open With" and search out MS Word...but that's kindofa pain. The documents in the window are showing that they are Microsoft Word documents. And clicking on the documents in Finder opens up MS Word...just not in Pathfinder. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 09 Jan, 2013 02:33 PM

What do you mean by a Quick Look in Preview? Can you post a screenshot?

2. 2 Posted by tobinanthony on 09 Jan, 2013 03:39 PM

I am not near my Mac right now, but when I double click a Word doc in Pathfinder, it gives me the same result as if I were to do a Command-Y on that file in Finder. It just gives me a Quick Look of the document by opening it in Preview. PF never opens up Word which it used to do, and does when I launch files associated with Excel, Acrobat, and other apps. I can post a screenshot later today.

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 09 Jan, 2013 03:51 PM

OK, because Path Finder has also its own Preview in the View menu so I was not sure which one you were talking about. Anyway, that is odd, Quick Look should only be invoked with Command + Y or the Space key.

Also there's an option in PF's Preferences, something like Open with Path Finder: Word documents, make sure it is disabled, and call a Get Info on a doc file and make sure it's associated with Word.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2013 03:41 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac