Smart folders & Show View Options

Fred

02 Jan, 2013 02:18 PM

I have set up several Smart folders with Mountain Lion Finder and in Finder am able to set the Show Views options as required.
These Smart folders show up in Path Finder sidebar, but when I try to set the view options it says it is disabled. Any way round this or plans to change in future versions?

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 09 Jan, 2013 11:11 PM

Fred, view options for Smart Folders just don't differentiate between All windows or This window only but it's possible to change the sorting, icon size, etc. I just tested it in List view. Is the whole Show View Options grayed-out for you?

2. 2 Posted by Fred on 09 Jan, 2013 11:48 PM

In the menu "Show View Options" is not greyed out. When the "List View Options" window appears, clicking the button at top left of the window to toggle between "This Window only" and "All Windows" says it is disabled for the current view, it stays in "All Windows" mode. Any changes made cannot be saved. So if I am in a picture folder say, with icons being displayed and then select the smart folder this is also displayed in icon view when in fact I may want in list view.

So what I am saying is that with the Finder I can set and save my view options for the Smart Folder ( Saved Search), but with Path Finder any settings cannot be saved, only on a global basis.

Fred

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 10 Jan, 2013 02:18 PM

The dev has been notified about this thread, Fred.

4. Cocoatech closed this discussion on 12 Jul, 2013 10:52 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac