"iCloud tabs" function, similar to Safari

Jim Tummins

02 Jan, 2013 01:21 AM

The latest version of Safari has an "iCloud tabs" function, allowing you to view Safari tabs open on other machines. Something like this in Path Finder would be very helpful.

On the surface this may sound silly, as any two Macs probably have different directory structures. But it's very different when using Dropbox as a file repository. In my case, I have a desktop and laptop that both reference a single Dropbox account with project files. I frequently move between the two when working on a single project. It would be very handy to be able to open a tab set on, say, the laptop that has been originally created and opened on the desktop. It seems that the tab set or tab structure could be saved either in iCloud or in Dropbox, and then referenced from either computer. This could be similar to the way it's done is Safari.

Am I the only one that would find this useful? If not, would it be difficult to implement?

-- Jim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Dragan on 03 Jan, 2013 10:55 AM

While I see potential benefit of this (like in the example you experience in your daily workflow), it may be difficult to make it work reliably, for the exact reason that you mentioned: two (or more) Macs may have different directory structures.

I'll create a ticket anyway for this like for potential feature. We'll consider what to do (if anything) about it.

2. Dragan closed this discussion on 03 Jan, 2013 10:58 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac