Pathfinder Loses Its Place in Directory When Deleting

falconexe

30 Dec, 2012 01:53 AM

PathFinder Team,

I just purchased Pathfinder 6 for mass file management. I have been using the trial for a while and finally purchased the full version. The ONLY complaint I have is when deleting files whether by Command+Delete or by using the delete icon.

PROBLEM: Upon deleting, the cursor (blue highlight) disappears interrupting the workflow.

WHY THIS IS A PROBLEM: When cleaning out huge directories like when editing pictures, it would make sense for the cursor to move to the next file (the file below the one you just deleted) so that a user could quickly delete items in succession after previewing them. This also ensures a user does not lose their place within large directories. Currently, the way Pathfinder 6 behaves, my workflow is greatly interrupted and it costs me precious time to keep finding my place after deleting items. The only solution currently is to use the mouse to get me back to my last position and highlight the next file I wish to perform work on.

REQUESTED SOLUTION: Please make an option for the cursor to either stay where it is, or move to the next item within the directory, after a deletion action has occurred. The native OSX Finder behaves exactly how I describe when you delete files. Please give Pathfinder the option to behave this way.

Thanks for the help!

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 02 Jan, 2013 11:01 AM

This feature will be in 6.1.3 (you can try the beta already by holding Option and checking for updates) but just for the record, this limitation is common to OS X and it might have been implemented only in 10.8's Finder.
    Cheers.

2. Damazio closed this discussion on 02 Jan, 2013 11:01 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac