What are the new features in version 8?

Richard Armitage

06 Jun, 2018 04:48 PM

I've been searching for a while to find a list of new or improved features in version 8. I understand that the under the covers implementation has been changed but frankly that's just plumbing. You don't see Apple saying "replace your iPhone 8 with an iPhone 8+ which has a different coloured battery".

Anyway, is there a list anywhere of the new and improved features? To put it another way, why should I pay to upgrade? Please don't just say "to get the new modules feature". I'd expect an explanation of why that feature is better for me and a list of the improvements it gives me.

Can anyone help?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 06 Jun, 2018 08:16 PM

Hi Richard,

Have you looked through the blog post: https://cocoatech.com/#/post/path-finder-8

The main thing about PathFinder 8 is that it's re-written from a scratch for the sake of stability. 
    PathFinder 7 supported everything starting with macOS 10.7 Lion, some of the used APIs are outdated by now. 
    To put in brief, it's a strong foundation for further changes and improvements. 

Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 06 Jun, 2018 08:16 PM.

3. Richard Armitage re-opened this discussion on 07 Jun, 2018 09:31 AM

4. 2 Posted by Richard Armitag... on 07 Jun, 2018 09:31 AM

I have read the blog. That's just my point. You are asking me to spend my money for a new version of PathFinder. Now while I understand that you don't want to refactor your code for free it's really not a direct benefit to me how your code is written.

So, beyond funding your internal development just what new or improved features does version 8 buy me? What will I be able to do after dropping $20 with you that I couldn't do before?

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 09 Jun, 2018 01:36 PM

Hi Richard,

Well, we are not asking you to upgrade. 
    You can choose to stay with PathFinder 7. 
    Let me know if I should provide you with the downgrade instructions. 

The new and improved features are coming to PathFinder 8 in further minor versions. 
    As I mentioned, please consider this version as a good foundation. 

Best Regards,
    Jordan 
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 09 Jun, 2018 01:36 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac