ANOTHER batch renaming issue (part deux)

Bob

23 Dec, 2012 07:25 AM

Since you've closed the discussion before I felt it was time, I must reiterate a point and bring up another issue.

I still think the user should be able to set which renaming function the window opens in. If my first step is usually insert or change case, why should I be forced to waste time selecting it every time because the developers thought the window should always open with replace text?! And if I've created a custom multiple-step process, I should be able to open with that as well.

Another bug I didn't mention previously is that about 20% of the time when I select multiple files and hit Return, the window opens but the files are missing - there's nothing there. I close the window and hit Return again, and then the files appear. Don't know why it happens, but it happens frequently now that i've started using the batch renamer more often.

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 26 Dec, 2012 02:20 PM

Trackback: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/10274-another-bat...

Bob, you just need to reply back to automatically re-open a discussion.

2. 2 Posted by Bob on 26 Dec, 2012 10:37 PM

That's incorrect, you need to figure out how your forum works.

Once you close a discussion, there is NO reply box, just a message like this one posted at the bottom of the page for my original topic:

"Dragan closed this discussion on December 21, 2012 @ 10:57 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one."

With all the discussions you've read and replied to, you've never noticed this?

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 27 Dec, 2012 02:02 PM

Please check the attached screenshot. You re-opened a closed conversation.
    You only get Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one. if you forget to login first.

4. 4 Posted by Bob on 27 Dec, 2012 04:08 PM

And I can't login because I've never registered.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Dragan on 10 Jan, 2013 12:13 PM

We close an issue when we consider it being acted upon. That can happen after successfully resolving user's problem, or after fixing a bug, or even after we confirm that something is a bug or when we receive a feature request we would consider implementing. Your case is the latter one. What you actually want is a feature/improvement request, we took it to our knowledge, recorded it and we will consider whether to implement it or not. There's no need to keep the discussion open. Open discussion means there is still a need for us to go back to it and that's not the case here, since the feature/improvement request is in our system already, open discussion would just confuse us that we have to get back to it, while it's not the case.

I hope you understand our point and why we do that. Of course if anyone wants to add something more to the closed discussion, one can just re-open it and post in there. Yes, you need to be registered, but if you post frequently we all would benefit with your registration; you'd be able to post and re-open discussions faster, we'd be able to respond to them faster if e.g. re-opened discussion has already been assigned to somebody.

Anyhow, even if you don't want to register, no need to get angry over closed discussion and to mention it over and over again, just post your question/request. That will save you time, but us too as I wouldn't have to explain all this I just did.

Now back to the issue from the end of your initial post:

When that happens, how many files do you select for batch renaming?

Do you see a status saying Loading files... (like in the attached picture loading.png) or Processing new names... (like in the attached picture processing.png)?

Can you make and post a screenshot of the batch rename window when that happens?

6. Damazio closed this discussion on 03 May, 2013 09:41 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac