Handling my Desktop Items

Dr. Andreas Zeuch

17 Dec, 2012 09:44 AM

Hi,

after updating from OS X 10.7.6 to 10.8.2 I am not able to handle the symbols of discs, folders and documents on the desktop like before. I would like to:

1) be able to put objects in my trashcan (before the update I've used the right click and choosed "trashcan". When Path Finder is open and I use the right click context Menu there is no option to delete/putting the item in the trashcan)
2) see all the desktop objects when pathfinder is closed - at the moment all the objects disappear when I close Path Finder
3) I DON'T want a document or folder to be opened when I just click one time on it - before the update one click on an item + clicking the space key opened the overview and TWO clicks opened the document or folder)

Thanks for helping
Andreas

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 17 Dec, 2012 01:04 PM

Hi Dr.

1) Go to Preferences > Features > Contextual Menu and add the Move to Trash command from the left to the right pane.

2) If you're using Path Finder's Desktop (Preferences > Features > Desktop), it's normal that it disappears when you quit Path Finder. You can alternatively use Finder's Desktop (Preferences > Finder) so you can always see the Desktop icons when Path Finder is not running.

3) Indeed this is not normal behavior. Please check if an option called something like Double click when clicking icon is disabled somewhere in Preferences (Sorry, I don't have Path Finder in front of me right now).

Please report back, cheers.

2. 2 Posted by Andreas Zeuch on 17 Dec, 2012 01:31 PM

Hi Damazio,

thanks, your suggestions fixed my problems.

Cheers

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 17 Dec, 2012 07:29 PM

Great news, Dr. Andreas. Enjoy Path Finder.
    Cheers.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 17 Dec, 2012 07:29 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac