Missing Macintosh HD Icon in sidebar and odd contextual menu.

Pana

17 Dec, 2012 06:52 AM

HI Support team,

I am using the latest version 6.0.6 (1282) and noticing that the Macintosh HD icon is missing.

And also when I left click on Macintosh HD, the very bottom has menu 'Isof', Is this a normal menu item?

Thank you very much,
- Pana

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 17 Dec, 2012 12:49 PM

Hi Pana.

Is your Mac HD also icon missing in Finder's Sidebar and in the browser itself? I know Lion introduced some problems regarding icon refreshing. Also try to Get Info on it, click on the icon box and press the Delete key (it resets the icon to default).

You can read about the command lsof here and, despite I noticed it too before, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or it's just a remnant of some testing left by the devs. I'll notify Dragan about this.

2. 2 Posted by Pana Tesniyom on 17 Dec, 2012 03:32 PM

Hi Damazio,

Thank you very much for your support.

I am still using 10.6.8

And had just restarted my iMac, now the problem seemed to fix itself. The icon is back.

Thank you again.

- Pana

On 17 ธ.ค. 2555, at 19:49, Damazio wrote:

> From: Damazio (Cocoatech Support)
    > Subject: Missing Macintosh HD Icon in sidebar and odd contextual menu.
    >
    > Hi Pana.
    >
    > Is your Mac HD also icon missing in Finder's Sidebar and in the browser itself? I know Lion introduced some problems regarding icon refreshing. Also try to **Get Info** on it, click on the icon box and press the `Delete` key (it resets the icon to default).
    >
    > You can read about the command [`lsof`](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lsof) here and, despite I noticed it too before, I'm not sure if it's supposed to be there or a remnant of some testing left by the devs. I'll notify Dragan about this.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > View this discussion at our support site online: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/10197-missing-macintosh-hd-icon-in-sidebar-and-odd-contextual-menu
    > Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
    >

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 18 Dec, 2012 11:18 AM

Pana, the lsof command is a feature and it's supposed to be there, for drives.
    Cheers.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 18 Dec, 2012 11:18 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac