sort mp3s by bitrate?

nik sliwerski

13 Dec, 2012 01:55 AM

I got the demo of PF specifically for this purpose - I have a huge mp3 collection of varying bitrates and wish to buy better versions of the poorer quality ones for some Christams party gigs I have (digital dj). The best/simplest way to begin this process would be if the Finder had a bitrate column I could sort by as Windows apparently does, but unfortunaley Apple OSX does not have this. I read that Path Finder could do this but after a quick look I can't see how to do this. Normally I would do the research, read the manual etc but unfortunately right now I don't have the time and PF appears to be really quite deep. If anyone could give me a few lines on how to add a bitrate column I can take it from there.
Many thanks, nik

1. 1 Posted by nik sliwerski on 13 Dec, 2012 01:57 AM

I should add, I'm on PF 5.8.1, OS 10.6.8

2. 2 Posted by Damazio on 13 Dec, 2012 01:54 PM

Hi nik.

Unfortunately Path Finder doesn't have a bitrate column as well (there's a suggestion ticket for it) but you can use iTunes to do that without spending a dime.

Cheers.

3. Damazio closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2012 01:54 PM.

4. Damazio re-opened this discussion on 13 Dec, 2012 01:55 PM

5. Damazio closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2012 02:04 PM.

6. nik sliwerski re-opened this discussion on 13 Dec, 2012 03:07 PM

7. 3 Posted by nik sliwerski on 13 Dec, 2012 03:07 PM

Thanks Damazio, yes of course iTunes has a bitrate column, but what I want to do is sort them by bitrate then simply select and drag all files below a certain bitrate to a new folder to work on. As far as I can tell iTunes doesn't allow drag/move of files, hence my question.

8. 4 Posted by Damazio on 13 Dec, 2012 04:00 PM

I don't use iTunes but I thought drag and drop was possible as in most Mac apps.
    You can try searching on MacUpdate but maybe Clementine or AudioFinder will help you organize your audio files.

9. Damazio closed this discussion on 14 Dec, 2012 01:40 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac