Global Hotkey stopped working

Cyclone Covey

10 Dec, 2012 03:36 PM

I'm using the global hotkey to launch applications. I set it to Double Control. Today it inexplicably stopped working. I rebooted, restarted pathfinder, changed the hotkey. Removed the hotkey activation and then re-created it. Nothing.

Any ideas?

1. 1 Posted by Damazio on 11 Dec, 2012 11:47 PM

I suppose you also have the Application Launcher check box enabled right?
    Can't you find a single combination that works?
    Also, have you recently installed any app which might be taking over double key combinations like KeyCue, for example?

2. 2 Posted by Cyclone Covey on 12 Dec, 2012 03:26 AM

Something is eating the double keypress entries, but I can't find it. Double Function (Apple Command) still works to activate Dictation, however. I got Command+Function to work after another reboot. I don't have KeyCue. I did install Cubby recently but it shouldn't be eating keypresses. I disabled it and still not working. Odd.

On Dec 11, 2012, at 6:47 PM, Damazio <[email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>> wrote:

Subject: Global Hotkey stopped working

I suppose you also have the Application Launcher check box enabled right?
    Can't you find a single combination that works?
    Also, have you recently installed any app which might be taking over double key combinations like KeyCue, for example?

View this discussion at our support site online: http://support.cocoatech.com/discussions/problems/10041-global-hotkey-stopped-working
    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. 3 Posted by Damazio on 12 Dec, 2012 02:32 PM

I never use the launcher but I enabled it and will let you know if it stops working. Maybe it's something related to Mountain Lion (you mention Dictation) and since I'm on Lion I can't reproduce it. Try to report it in the ML thread, maybe someone has experienced the same.

4. Damazio closed this discussion on 13 Dec, 2012 04:08 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac