MindNode folder showing up twice in iCloud Drive in PF, but empty

Thomas Borowski

10 May, 2018 07:58 AM

Hi,

I'm experiencing a strange issue with one particular folder in iCloud Drive. I use the MindNode 5 app and have iCloud Drive enabled for it in iCloud preferences. I can copy MindNode files into that folder on the Mac using Finder and they sync without issues, i.e. they show up on iOS and changes are synced back and forth.

But in Path Finder (7.6.2), when I click iCloud Drive in the sidebar, the MindNode folder shows up twice and both folders are empty. Both of these "ghost" folders point to the same original location: ~/Library/Mobile Documents/iCloud~com~ideasoncanvas~MindNode/Documents.

On further inspection I discovered that the folder location of the "ghost" folders is actually different from the actual MindNode folder iCloud Drive is using. In PF the aforementioned folders are shown and the original folder is in fact empty. The actual storage location of MindNode in iCloud drive isn't the folder above but rather ~/Library/Mobile Documents/W6L39UYL6Z~com~mindnode~MindNode/Documents and all the files correctly show up there.

Any idea what might be going on here?

Thanks
Thomas

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 May, 2018 04:26 PM

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Please make sure to set up your iCloud drive according to the article: 
    http://support.cocoatech.com/kb/installation-and-compatibility/iclo...

iCloud Drive integration in Path Finder is still in progress and future updates will bring improvements in this area. The reason for that is that iCloud offers no public API to do so.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Please feel free to write us back and we will be happy to assist you.

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

2. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 May, 2018 04:26 PM.

3. Thomas Borowski re-opened this discussion on 10 May, 2018 04:49 PM

4. 2 Posted by Thomas Borowski on 10 May, 2018 04:49 PM

I actuallly followed that article. Still no worky. I'm also missing the folder for the iThoughts app, for which I've also enabled iCloud Drive in iCloud settings.

Seems like PF's iCloud Drive support is indeed not quite ready for prime time. So I guess I'll have to resort to using regular Finder for iCloud Drive access.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Path Finder Sup... on 10 May, 2018 04:56 PM

Hi Thomas,

PathFinder 7 supports everything starting with macOS 10.7 Lion.
    Some of the used APIs are outdated by now and a re-write from a scratch was necessary. 
    We are currently beta-testing PathFinder 8 which is way more stable in many ways. 

May I suggest testing this with PathFinder 8 when it's out? 
    We will surely report this to our developers if the issue still persists.  

Best Regards,
    Jordan
    Path Finder Support Team

6. Path Finder Support Team closed this discussion on 10 May, 2018 04:56 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac